Red Light Green Light, Sunset
I learned a new chess rule! You can’t pass through a check when castling. ♟️
Is there an official recording of yesterday’s NBA All-Star game that I can watch? 🏀
- Learning to predict better from the Samotsvety group.
- Austin Kleon shows how to make a zine from one sheet of paper.
- Eight ideas to get you through a temptation without cracking under the pressure and giving into sin.
Wavelength has an Android app available now. They are polishing the app and asking for feedback. I hope they can get things working smoothly soon. Having access to both Apple and Android users makes Wavelength much more useful.
- D. G. Hart and John Muether, “Turning Points in American Presbyterian History”
- Peter Schickele died on January 16.
- A reminder about the importance of living life with “in-person” people.
Selfie-portrait! 🤓🎨 This was a fun change of pace this evening. I liked painting the blue so much I decided to put the cactus in the border instead of the background.
Among liberals, there’s just way higher levels of anxiety. The only level of religious attendance where that abates is those liberals who attend religious services every week. Conservatives are just less mentally anxious, and that goes even lower when it comes to those who attend monthly or more.
Ryan Burge writes about this and other interesting stats in “Political Ideology, Religious Attendance And Mental Illness.”
A Mexican Gray Wolf looking comfy
- This internet train station will get you to some of the more interesting and fun parts of the web.
- Help for those who have a hard time telling people about Jesus.
- What does it take to develop your own ideas/style/taste? Answers from the world of watercolor.
- Tucson 1: Wow. This photo of Adam Sandler playing basketball at the McKale Center is amazing.
- Tucson 2: A video of a coyote howling on top a Mustang went viral this week. It’s cool. Next time, make the Mustang a horse instead of a car.
- Honoring the “Weaker Vessel”: explanation and advice
Early in December I was eating breakfast at Seis, and they were playing Spanish-language Christmas music in the restaurant. Some songs I recognized from English versions, some I didn’t, but I loved almost all of them instantly. An employee told me the music was from an online stream. So after I left, I found something similar on Apple Music and started my journey. A few weeks later, here’s what I know.