Infinite Craft at neal.fun is fun. My son showed it to me last night. He even made some never-seen-before creations. I tried to do that too, but couldn’t do it. However, I was pretty pleased with myself for creating Darth Sauron.
Last week, ChatGPT went off the rails for a minute, but still…
the fact that the most popular AI tool in the world and arguably the primary reason we’re currently in the middle of an AI boom can suddenly go off the rails without warning is a great reminder that we can’t trust these tools blindly.
Read the full story.
Red Light Green Light, Sunset
I learned a new chess rule! You can’t pass through a check when castling. ♟️
Is there an official recording of yesterday’s NBA All-Star game that I can watch? 🏀
- Learning to predict better from the Samotsvety group.
- Austin Kleon shows how to make a zine from one sheet of paper.
- Eight ideas to get you through a temptation without cracking under the pressure and giving into sin.
Wavelength has an Android app available now. They are polishing the app and asking for feedback. I hope they can get things working smoothly soon. Having access to both Apple and Android users makes Wavelength much more useful.
- D. G. Hart and John Muether, “Turning Points in American Presbyterian History”
- Peter Schickele died on January 16.
- A reminder about the importance of living life with “in-person” people.
Selfie-portrait! 🤓🎨 This was a fun change of pace this evening. I liked painting the blue so much I decided to put the cactus in the border instead of the background.
Among liberals, there’s just way higher levels of anxiety. The only level of religious attendance where that abates is those liberals who attend religious services every week. Conservatives are just less mentally anxious, and that goes even lower when it comes to those who attend monthly or more.
Ryan Burge writes about this and other interesting stats in “Political Ideology, Religious Attendance And Mental Illness.”
A Mexican Gray Wolf looking comfy